Monday 12 December 2016

Funkie Junkie 10 & 11

Well I think most of you lovely visitors will by now know all about Linda from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and her lovely 12 tags of Christmas challenge. But just in case you missed it all, here are the details:
Well, we are now reaching the final stages, and here are my next 2 cards, inspired by Linda's tags:
Like usual, they are inspired by Linda's originals, but giving them my own interpretations, so here goes:
Number 10
I was inspired by Linda's colour scheme, her use of corrugated card, the snowflakes and of course the use of the Tim's Mini Doodles Greetings set.. I don't have the background stamp Linda used, so I used a bit of Polka dot paper from my stash. You can see Linda's original HERE
I was not able to really do a chalkboard effect as I don't have white pigment ink that will really show up to give the chalkboard effect, so I just white embossed mine on black card.

Number 11
Linda's original was one of my favourites from this year! Again, Linda's colour scheme really inspired me, as well as her use of a doily die, the snowflakes and the sentiment from the same set of stamps. Not having the papers that Linda used, I used Maya design papers for my card. Below a few close ups:

Using the same sentiment, but stamped on a brown piece of Maja Design paper. My die cut in the background is from Sue Wilson.
Using Linda's snowflake idea, but using the mini snow flakes Sizzlits rather than the stacked or stamped snowflakes she used.
Several of the little snowflakes stacked together
Some strips of washi tape, because I felt it needed something to finish it all off and I felt I did not have enough space to use some of the words Linda used from the main sentiment stamp again, though I really like the idea of that. You can find Linda's original HERE

Well, there you go, almost done, can't wait for the final one now.....
Have a great week everyone and thanks for your visit at this busy time!
xxxxx

19 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, these are both so lovely, Astrid. I can see the influence of my originals and love the way you have made them your own. I especially love #9 - such a gorgeous neutral palette with that awesome snowflake. The chalkboard style sentiment looks fantastic. #11 is so pretty too. Gorgeous paper and doily. Love the sentiment in the shape of a tree. We are almost to the finish line - so glad to have you with me this year.

Hugs,
Linda

Monika Gulyas said...

Absolutely gorgeous, both!!! Beautiful interpretations of the originals! xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut amazing work here as always Astrid. I love how you´ve done these and made your own take on them and given them that look that make us recognize them as yours right away, before we even read your name on it. Sooo beautiful and perfect made hun, I love how you did these.
Have a wonderful week ahead here now and a very Happy Christmas, if we don´t see more of you before that. Have a lot of fun with family and friends.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Something a bit different Astrid with wonderful ideas.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic cards Astrid! Beautiful!
Happy new week!
oxo Susi

Pamellia said...

Beautiful cards Astrid!! I love all your wonderful layered snowflakes and that plaid background is so festive! Wonderful Christmas designs! hugs :)

Annie said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Astrid xx love the paper layers and the snowflake is beautiful
Think I prefer the White embossing to the chalk effect as it stands out xx TFS and huge hugs Annie xx

Lucy said...

So beautiful. I love this card. Beautiful design.

rachel said...

stunningly beautiful cards astrid - love them both xx

Redanne said...

These are so beautiful Astrid, I love the tartan background on the second one and the corrugated card on the first one looks fabulous with the gorgeous snowflake! Wonderful cards! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful cards Astrid, I liked the white embossing on the kraft card background, so very effective on Christmas cards..
Yvonne xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Wonderful card, Astrid!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love those new images and have yet to play with them. Wonderful. Cards.

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous creations Astrid and so clearly made into your own inimitable designs, love them both xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love, love these two, Astrid -a really elegant pair. I adore the paper you've used for the doily against the plaid background, and the white on black sentiments work beautifully as accents - I'm starting to hanker after those stamps after all... Gorgeous snowflakes on both cards too. Lovely!
Alison x

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous festive cards.
Julie x

Margaret Mifsud said...

I really love how you've been using Linda's tags as the basis for your Christmas cards Astrid and they've all turned out so beautiful!! Love the colours on both these and those sentiment stamps are fabulous!! Beautiful work once again!! hugs xx

sarascloset said...

Lovely job on these two takes on Linda's originals! I always enjoy seeing how everyone interprets the originals. I love those plaid and dotted background papers you've used and the Spellbinders die is gorgeous! You've got me itching to get those sentiments; something I've resisted! Gorgeous designs once again! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key