Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Hanger and card

Hello everyone, I have two quick projects to share with you, both were created with my collection of Victorian Holidays papers. Hope you don't get too tired of them....
The first one is a hanger made from an old 78 record.
I started by covering the whole outside rim of the record with gesso. When that had dried I added a layer of very dark brown acrylic paint and when that had also dried I added some Decoart Crackle paint in some areas and Weathered Wood Crackle medium in some other area quite randomly. When both had dried, a last coat of Titanium Buff paint was added over the crackle and the cracks almost appeared immediately.
Below is a close up:
I added some brown antiquing cream still to give it an even more distressed appearance.

For the inside I cut a very large circle from one of the red papers and then fussy-
cut the girl on the sledge from another one of the papers.

I added some shadows around her and also gave the red paper a light wash of gesso mixed with water to tone it all down a bit.
The "frame" was decorated with flowers and berries that are part of the C'est Magnifique Flower Add ons. I blended some gesso over them to tone them in with the background to the girl.
The Seasons Greeting sentiment is one from Calico Craft Parts.
To give it all more depth I blended some Ground Espresso ink all around the dark red paper still.

I also made a card still, made by layering several of the left over bits of paper over one another. The focal image was of course cut from the papers again.
I framed her by embossing the edges with some Stampendous embossing powder in aged gold and then embellished with more of the flowers.
Before layering the papers, I had also added some texture to the final paper. Here you can just see a little corner of it.The little wreath is part of one of the kits, I painted it with some of the paints that are part of the Mixed Media Kit
Well, that's my final two projects using the kits. You can get a glimpse of some of the other cards I made on the C'est Magnifique blog.

Thanks for your visit like always and for all your lovely comments through out. They are so much appreciated.


24 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Each time I visit your blog - my list of "really want to do" projects gets longer and longer! I gain so much inspiration from you and your projects! This is the most gorgeous project (wall hanging) made from the album - I love it! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work as always, Astrid. Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Terrific to use an old record and turn it into something stunning.

Love the card as well it is so beautiful

Have a wonderful Christmas

Love Chrissie xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

They are both gorgeous, love your artwork :) Seasons Greetings, Shirleyxx

rachel said...

beautiful makes Astrid - so gorgeous! Big hugs and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas xx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous projects Astrid, a great idea to use the old record.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Yvonne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Astrid, Both have the most beautiful, old world charm to them and the colours bring such warmth and beauty.
Wishes
Lynne

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful projects, Astrid. Clever idea using the record.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Astrid you made again two magical art works, wonderful designed and decorated.
I wish you a heavenly Christmas,
warm greetings Anja

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that round crackled frame! I LOVE that you can add stuff to the center of it. So awesome! Gorgeous card too!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh Astrid, your Christmas hanger is heavenly!! Love the rich red of the background and the crackle around the edges is amazing .. can never get my crackle to look like that .. it is awesome!! Your card is totally stunning!! Love all the paper layers and, once again, the colours are simply beautiful!! Wishing you and your family the most wondrous Christmas and lots of love and happiness in the New Year!! hugs xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Astrid, so beautiful , so romantic,I really love your hanger, I love the crackle and the sweet little girl on it!! Great card as well! You really are an talented Artist !! I enjoy your work very much , thanks for showing us!!

Greetings
Maria

froebelsternchen said...

I am in love with the hanger as well as with the card dear Astrid! So much festitive and special effects on both pieces- so many extras and the vintage touch to all- wonderful!
Wishing you a joyful christmas !
oxo
Susi

mamablitger said...

Astrid what a fabulous idea to use an old 78 record for this awesome wall hanger. Gosh...it's stunning and very decorative. I love the vintage look and I'm in awe about your flower cluster. The berries, the flowers and leaves...waw so pretty.
I also enjoyed your lovely card. It is so charming.
I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Thank you for sharing your fabulous art.
Hugs from Monica.... Spain

Gaby Bee said...

Fantastic work as always, Astrid!

Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2016!

Hugs,
Gaby

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Astrid, loving all the gorgeous layers. Using the record is a great idea but not sure 'Him-In-Doors' at mine would be impressed as he collections old Vinyls. Have a great crafty Christmas, Angela x

Kerstin F. said...

Gorgeous as always, love the wonderful nostalgic christmas feeling and the altered effects! Thanks for all your inspirations this year :-) Wishing you a joyful christmas time and a Happy New Year! Hugs,Kerstin

Words and Pictures said...

How fabulous - I love your altered 78 - the crackled frame is glorious, and the image is simply charming. Lovely work with the card too - I love the ruby red echoing between the flowers and the layered paper - your designs are looking wonderful.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Oh to be so truly talented! These are just completely wonderful in every way Astrid. The first one - from the record (wow) is lovely. But I am drawn to the colors of the second one - they are stunning together. Happy Holidays. j.

Maryann Laursen said...

Both are gorgeous projects here as alweays Astrid.
Hope you´re having a wonderful christmas with your family around. I´ll see you again next year, as I wount have much time here during the holiday.

Jackie PN said...

I never tire of your gorgeous art dear Astrid!!
Love and happy times wishes to you and the grands! xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I know it's been awhile since I've stopped here, and apologies for that, but my goodness what a treat it is to see all this gorgeous inspiration and creativity. Loving what you do xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! The crackle on this frame is fantastic but I must say the card has taken my breath away! Chrisx

A Pink said...

Yet more fabulous creations ! Astrid . Your crackle frame is amazing and adorned so beautifully with your embellishment spray. Such a beautiful bespoke vintage card too . x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key