Thursday 25 October 2012

Twelve Tags of Christmas Funky Junky style # 6

Time seems to fly, for here we are already at tag # 6, half way! The Funky Junky is hosting this challenge and you can see her original tag here
My tag has turned out very different again, but there are several elements that inspired me: The lay-out, the use of a clock, the tree and I would have loved to have used Tim Holtz' Snowflake rosette die, but alas I don't own it so had to make do with a normal rosette which I dolled up a bit with one of my favourite parchment poinsettias. (They seem to become a bit of a trademark....) I also don't have a tree die, so I stamped my trees instead. The Funky Junky Boutique is sponsoring this challenge, - there is a fab prize to be won for someone who has completed all 12 tags. Well, I'm determined to complete all 12 of them, as they are great fun to do and make me do things that I would not normally think of.


14 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Gorgeous tag!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really beautiful make, love the twirly bits at the bottom and the gentle feel to this piece! Trace x

Gitte said...

Beautiful Tag.

Marjie Kemper said...

Truly gorgeous, Astrid. Love that red rosette and your dangling fiber.

Netty said...

Its great to see Tim's tags done differently rather than repeated clones. I love your tag very much. Annette x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely gorgeous - that ethereally lovely background with the tree silhouettes against it gives this such a tranquil beauty... I'm almost there with 5 and 6 but can't get my head around 4 at the moment!
Alison x

Joan said...

Fab tag Astrid and I love that polka dot rosette with the poinsettia,what a great idea, I love how you use that die you have given me lots of ideas ! Thanks

Joan

Yvonne Garner said...

Great job! Love your interpretation. Best wishes, Yvonne

Sandy said...

Really fantastic Tag my dear Astrid.
Love the rosette.
Thanks for another wonderful freebie.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.
xoxo

Jenny Marples said...

Seriously LOVE this version! Those trees are really misty and atmospheric. Hugs, Buttons x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just so pretty! Love that red polk dotted rosette and it looks wonderful with the white poinsettia on it. And what a wonderful clock face too. Your stamped trees are lovely and make a perfect background for the piece. Another beauty!

Hugs,
Linda

Suzanne C said...

I have to say the trees in the background and the soft fade away reminds me of a crisp winter day where it is slightly overcast and snow is pending. Beautiful tag!

Sandie said...

I adore the way you create, join everything in together, stamps, texture, colour, lace, various other elements.... always looks magical!

Ephemera said...

Hi Astrid, absolutely beautiful, love the atmospheric effect you have achieved a visual delight. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key